With love from the Soviet Union and the Cold War comes one of the most deadliest weapons of mass destruction, “The ICBM R-36 Voyevoda”. The weapon was so powerful that it was nicknamed SS-18 Satan. Well, as you already know, the name Satan seems to connote havoc.
Let’s just say that if you are planning an attack against your enemy and realize they have SS-18 Satan capacity, run. Here’s why –
The name above was coined by NATO who were afraid of the ICBM’s (Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles) ultra-advanced capacity to maneuver aerial defences to deliver strategic hits on target locations anywhere around the world.
Unlike the US “Minuteman III” which has similar features, the ICBM R-36 Voyevoda can carry multiple warheads, making it the most lethal killer loader in military warfare.
Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia about the weapon –
“This missile was viewed by certain United States analysts as giving the Soviet Union first strike advantage over the U.S., particularly because of its rapid silo-reload ability, very heavy throw weight and extremely large number of re-entry vehicles.
“Some versions of the R-36M were deployed with 10 warheads and up to 40 penetration aids and the missile’s high throw-weight made it theoretically capable of carrying more warheads or penetration aids. Contemporary U.S. missiles, such as the Minuteman III, carried up to three warheads at most.”
The killer monster can deliver 10 ton of MIRVs to a distance of 16,000km. This simply means that it can literally strike at any location on the planet at will and there is nothing you can do about it due to it’s ability to overwhelm. The more scary part of this is the fact that it will only take it a few minutes to execute this task.
But, you know what’s more scarier though? An RS-28 Sarmat (Satan-2). Russia is currently developing an upgraded variant of the ICBM according to reports.
Brief Overview of RS-28 Sarmat:
• Warhead Capacity: 10–15 MIRVs.
• Maximum speed: Mach 20.7; 25,560 km/h (15,880 mph); 7.1 km/s (4.4 mi/s).
• Operational range: 18,000km.
- Abuja based pop star Ricmasha releases hit single “Suffer No Dey Last” Ft C-blinkz.
- BBNaija 2022: Six Finalists emerge for season Finale
- Are we living in a Simulation? See Elon Musk reply on proof of simulated universe
- Are Russians really cold-hearted as they are portrayed in West?
- Russia: Do you want war? Bring it on – Vladimir Putin dares NATO in Ukraine (video)