As the summer transfers come to an end, we are left asking, what the fuck Barca?
A lot of Football fans will be left wondering what is wrong with the Catalan giants after they allowed Antoine Griezmann return to his former club, Atletico Madrid on a season long loan with an option to make the deal permanent – a decision that has again, strengthened their major league competitor.
The deal is an irony on all fronts, almost like Atletico Madrid is simply taunting Barca by playing with their psyche. If the club will eventually allow Griezmann leave for free on a loan with an option to purchase, why didn’t they pursue this and avert Messi’s exit? Why were they in a rush to allow Messi leave only to eventually let go of Griezmann, one of their costliest and best players?
It looks like a transfer season of jamboree for La Blaugrana at the moment because what’s more baffling is that they loaned out a 30yrs old forward only to sign a 31yrs old striker, Luuk De Jong as a replacement. But, that’s by the way.
The 2021 summer transfer window will be an unforgettable one for culers who for the first time, witnessed a lot of strange happenings at Nou Camp, culminating in the exit of the world’s greatest player and one of France’s finest in recent memories, among others.
Here is a complete breakdown of FC Barcelona’s summer transfer activities 2021/2022 –
– TRANSFER OUT
• Lionel Messi (Paris Saint Germaine) – Free Transfer
• Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid) – 1yr Loan.
• Ilaix Moriba ( RB Leipzig) – €16m
• Emerson Royal (Tottenham Hotspurs) – €25m
• Francisco Trincao ( Wolverhampton Wanderers) – 1yr Loan
• Carlos Alena (Getafe) – €5m
• Konrad De La Fuente ( Olympique De Marseille)
• Junior Firpo (Leeds United) – €15m
• Juan Miranda (Real Betis) – Free Transfer
• Jean-Claire Todibo ( Nice) – €8.50m
• Rey Manaj (Spezia Calcio) – €300,000 – 1yr Loan
– TRANSFER IN
• Sergio Kun Aguero (from Manchester City)
• Memphis Depay ( from – Olympique Lyon) – Free Transfer
• Emerson Royal (from – Real Betis)
• Eric Garcia (from – Manchester City) – Free Transfer
• Luuk De Jong (from – Sevilla FC) – Loan transfer
• Yusuf Demir ( Rapid Vienna) – 1yr Loan Transfer – €500,000 (Now a permanent deal worth €10m).
• Emre Demir ( Kayserispor)
In other news, Aguero was registered on deadline after Busquets and Jordi Alba agreed to reduce their wages. Also, the deadline day deals allowed the club register Oscar Mingueza and promote Yusuf Demir permanently to the first team.