After the Pearl Harbor attack by Japanese military, the US President FDR and the United States ramped up their war efforts and decided to hit Japan. The US Navy needed a morale boost and everyone wanted Japan to feel the burn.
The US military formulated a daring plan to launch US bombers from an Aircraft Carrier and bomb Tokyo. It worked to an extent; sixteen (16) B-25 bombers managed to bomb a few military and government targets in Tokyo – including some near the Emperors Palace.
The North American B-25 Mitchell is an American medium bomber that was introduced in 1941 and named in honor of Major General William “Billy” Mitchell, a pioneer of U.S. military aviation. The B-25 pilots ran out of fuel and had to ditch in occupied China. Luckily for them, Chinese Guerrillas helped evacuate them to safety.
However, in response to this, Japan reportedly bombed Chinese civilians and killed an estimated 250,000 innocent people in the Nanjing massacre. This is how Japan operated during their imperial madness.
Japanese War Crimes
• They experimented on human beings, even infants. These experiments were so brutal they make Saw look like a joke.
• They massacred entire cities, even holding contests for who could kill the most children.
• Rape was beyond widespread in Japanese occupied territories.
• Women were abducted from Korea and other Asian nations to serve as sex slaves for the army.
• POWs from everywhere were treated horribly. American POWs were better off being in Nazi hands.
Japan didn’t follow the “rules of war”. It is often forgotten how evil and demented the Japanese military were. By some estimates, China lost more people than the USSR in WW2. Around 10 million Chinese civilians may have been massacred by Japanese forces.